Software Downloads from COBOLworx
GnuCOBOL 3.1 and COBOLworx’s GnuCOBOL Debugging Extensions
The current Release of our packages for:
- Red Hat Package Manager (including CentOS, Fedora and derivatives)
- Debian Package Manager (Debian, Ubuntu, and derivatives)
- Homebrew Package Manager (primarily for Mac OS)
- Source Code can be downloaded or cloned from The Project’s Site.
The binary packages are NOT based on code formally Released by the GnuCOBOL project. They are based on recent snapshots of the GnuCOBOL 3.1 development branch. The GnuCOBOL Project does NOT recommend this code level for production. The COBOLworx GnuCOBOL Debugging Extensions are dependent on changes the Project recently introduced. COBOLworx will support production use of this newer versions assuming users will subject code to extensive testing of their applications prior to deployment.
The debugging extensions are in Beta testing. Their capabilities will probably be extended before formal release. And they may not operate exactly as expected. We are releasing it as Beta so more extensive testing will be done in different environments.
COBOL DEBUGGING Extensions for VS Codium (VS Code)
- VSIX File - To install, you need to tell the extensions installer to “Install From File” and point it at the downloaded file.