COBOLworx was created by Symas to help develop, publicize, and support Open Source Software packages of the COBOL programming language. Linux is an excellent platform for COBOL programs. It is our opinion that porting those programs is and will continue to be an important option for users with large libraries of COBOL.
COBOL Related Development
- COBOLworx has used GnuCOBOL for its internal COBOL-related technology projects: The Pre-Relational Information Manager (PRIM) an Open Source Software implementation of a subset of IBM’s IMS/DB and support of Replatform Tech’s OpenKicks workalike for IBM’s CICS
- We participate in the GnuCOBOL project
- We developed and are maintainers for
cbl-gdb, source level debugging for GnuCOBOL built on
gdbso it works on VS/Code, etc., as well as the Command Line
- COBOLworx is developing COBOL for the Gnu Compiler Collection (GCC). This compiler is tightly integrated into the GCC environment and produces platform native code without transcoding it into another programming language.
- We are also developing the necessary integration material for direct
COBOL Technical Support
COBOLworx has extensive experience with GnuCOBOL. We have committers on the project and have worked with COBOL applications developers and end-users using the software. We offer professional commercial technical support and services to teams adopting GnuCOBOL.
- Email COBOLworx developed
the first run-time source-level debugging capability for any COBOL
environment. It is a partner application for GnuCOBOL that produces
COBOL programs that can be debugged using
gdb, the Gnu debugger. See the Resources page for more information.
- or Call at +1 (650) 963-7606 (we’re mostly awake in US Eastern Time: Maine, New York, Pennsylvania, and Florida.